Monday, April 6, 2009

The end of the CHFA project part 1

This was certainly a tricky project. At first glance when I heard of the project it seemed like a very straightforward easy project. In fact I jumped at the idea of building a marketing plan. I felt like it would not only give me more experience in my field (marketing) but that it would make a difference in the community and in the economy perhaps.


The Confusion:


We started out pretty well it seemed like we were each given our part and felt how we fitted in the project. However, like everyone knows not everything goes according to plan and so the jobs that were in the beginning clear began to fade away. There was a sense of no direction and no momentum on the project. I decided I had to get the project moving so I decided to take on the marketing plan and take initiative by contacting the people we had as resources for information.


The Journey:


Meeting with people - I started setting up appointments to meet with people and get all the information we needed to figure out a direction for the marketing plan. This definitely gave me a clarification on the project and exactly what was needed in the marketing plan.


Researching & Brainstorming – I began researching tools and systems that would not only help the current marketing strategy that the Colorado Foreclosure Hotline was using but also created a new Marketing system. The marketing system would be based on the educated demographics we were targeting, the need for confidentiality and the continuous accessibility to educational resources for homeowners.


Building the marketing plan – This was by far the most time consuming and hardest task I have taken on in the whole Apprentice competition. I had to bring together all of the research information into a solid plan that can reach not only the target demographic but also be used in other marketing efforts by the organization. For about a week or so I woke up to work on the marketing plan and went to bed still thinking about it. Nevertheless, in the end the objective had been met there was a vision for a marketing system, the weaknesses and strengths of the current system had been identified, and the only thing left was to implement and element of the plan.


The Team:

After going with me to meet with Silvina Sansot, Jeaninne took it upon herself to research the demographics to put together the marketing plan. She also put together the budget of all the tools the marketing strategy would have.

After we decided to include a new website as part of the marketing system. Rachel put her web building skills to work and created a great page tailored to our mission of reaching our target demographics but also provide easily accessible education to homeowners.


When I finished the marketing plan I still had some missing parts of the puzzle. Fortunately, Jesse stepped up to the plate and brought another marketing vision that helped piece together the marketing puzzle. This was proof to me of how well we work together in these kinds of projects. Not only do we support each other but we compliment each others strengths and weaknesses. In the end the marketing plan became very solid and ready to be presented to CHFA.


At this point Chantay already had the basic structure for the PowerPoint she just needed everyone’s part to be presented. Well this was easier said than done. It became another full day of work consisting of making last minute changes to the PowerPoint and the budget. We were tying loose ends and getting everything ready for the presentation, and everyone was burned out by this point.


Stay tune next post is the presentation and what I learned from the whole project.

Felipe

No comments: